If you have a question on how to help that is not answered below, please email AWABosnia at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are three ways to help. Donations; advocacy and adopting or sponsoring a rescue and fundraising.
If you search the web, you can raise funds just by using the EasyFundraising search bar: http://animalwelfareadvocates.easysearch.org.uk/ – you can 0.5p for Animal Welfare Advocates for Bosnia Herzegovina everytime you search the web. Also, if you live in the UK and do online shopping, if you join EasyFundraising, you can allocate “Animal Welfare Advocates For Bosnia” to receive a percentage of your purchase cost, paid for by the retailer – with no extra payment by you. Sign up here: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/
Please contribute so animal welfare advocates can make a difference to the lives of stray and abandoned dogs. On the website Animal Welfare Advocates for Bosnia, you can set up a monthly donation that will then get distributed to the rescuers; or if you prefer to make a one off contribution, please go to your PayPal account (or set one up, it’s very easy) and send the money to: email@example.com – Click on the image below to be taken to PayPal’s home page.
Or if you want to use the customised PayPal form, click the link below. However, a transaction fee and a percentage (2- 5.4%) will be deducted by PayPal for any contribution made.
If you want your contribution to go to a specific dog,
please make a note in the PayPal comment box.
To convert Euros into Dollars, use this website.
AWABosnia relies 100% on donations from their supporters around the world. Money is needed for advocacy work, spay-neuter programs, emergency cases of animal abuse or injury, for food for the 11,000+ strays on the streets of Sarajevo and to keep rescued strays safe in pension. All donations are acknowledged by the AWABosnia administrators.
Vučko is dead. But you can help something good come out of his suffering by supporting animal welfare volunteers in Bosnia.
Any amount will help, no matter how small. If everyone who signed the petitions seeking justice for Vučko’s killers, donated one dollar or one Euro, a profound difference would be made to the lives of the abused and abandoned dogs and cats in Sarajevo and other areas of Bosnia-Herzegovina. Right now volunteers are struggling 24/7 to rescue, feed and take care of the strays. If they were given adequate funding they would have more time to continue with campaigning the government to get abuse laws enforced and set up proper groups to ensure the welfare of animals.
ADOPTION or SPONSORSHIP
If you are able to sponsor or adopt a dog from Bosnia Herzegovina, please see the AWABosnia Facebook page.
A list of relevant costs regarding helping a dog within Sarajevo:
Placing a dog / cat in a pension or ‘pet hotel’. These are much better than putting a dog in a shelter where conditions are usually completely inhumane. One day at the pension costs approximately 5-8 or even 20 KM per day (2,55 EUR, 2,14 GBP, 3.2 US$/ 4,09 EUR, 3,42 GBP, 5.13 US$/10.22 EUR, 8.25 GBP, 12.83 US$) – or 90 – 120 euros /115 – 160 USD per month, including food. An animal can stay at the pension only if the stay is regularly covered and if finding a permanent / foster home for that animal is in progress;
In case you are willing to adopt a dog /cat or be a sponsor, the overall costs are :
- 34 KM (17,38 EUR, 12,42 GBP) a vaccine against infectious diseases ( distemper and canine parvovirus). Revaccination costs the same. This vaccine isn’t needed for an animal to enter the EU territory but it is highly advisable for a dog / cat to receive this vaccine. Due to the poor immune system these animals have after a life spent on the streets, it is also highly recommended for an animal to be placed in pension after it has received this vaccine.
- 20 KM (10,22 EUR, 8,56 GBP) a microchip;
- Spaying costs between120-200 KM (60 – 100 Euros) depending on size of the dog. Neutering males is much cheaper: around 40 Euros (80KM);
- 12 euros is the cost of Frontline ampoule (anti flea & anti tick product ) , the price depends on the dog’s size ;
- 2 euros pill against internal parasites;
- 3 euros BiH pet passport ;
- 25 euros Veterinary certificate ;
- 25 euros, Vet examination prior to departure
- Transportation costs of a dog / cat is arranged between the persons who adopt the dog / cat and the person who drives the animal to them. From Hungary to UK the cost is £230, and cost of transporting a dog from Sarajevo to Hungary range from 100 – 200 euros.
For more information on adoption or sponsorship please contact us.