As stated in my last post, the activists need our support with donations to help them in the next days to campaign. Any amount will help, no matter how small. There is a YouCaring fundraiser especially for this: https://www.youcaring.com/kill-law.
The activists have also asked us to do the following:
1. Send appreciation letters to Ms. Emma Bonnio Minister of Foreign Affairs of Italy for all her support on enforcing the Animal Welfare Law in BiH.
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
2. Please send letters to the UK Ambassador in BIH Nigel Casey
firstname.lastname@example.org asking him to follow in Italy’s footsteps in condemning changes to the law (twitter: @HMANigelCasey )
3. To continue to write letters (see Action to Take for details) saying how disappointed the international community is on the recent voting in the Parliament. That it’s shameful that the Bosnia-Herzegovina government votes for killing the animals while the EU’s Eurogroup for Animals (the leading voice for animal welfare at European Union level) are meeting in just a few days to put “Animal Welfare at the heart of the European elections.”
4. In particular, please send emails to:
EDIT NOVEMBER 22ND: Activists are asking us to be careful with emails. “We need a new approach. We need a new strategy,” they say. It’s possible that angering the Ministers will backfire. I TRUST THIS ADVICE AS I KNOW THE MENTALITY OF THESE PEOPLE. SO FOR NOW PLEASE DO NOT SEND EMAILS OR FAXES TO BIH MINISTERS. PLEASE CONTINUE TO EMAIL EU MEPs, Embassies in Sarajevo and the EU Eurogroup/Intergroup, international welfare organisations! DETAILS ON THE ACTION TO TAKE PAGE.
Mr. Zlatko Lagumdžija
Minister of Foreign Affairs in BiH
Mr. Zlatko Lagmudžija is president of the SPD political party which party has suggested changing the Animal Welfare Law. So please email the party:
President of the SDP Party
Chairman of SDP caucus at Parliament
And P.A.W.S has created a new petition:
Last chance for Bosnian animals. Please vote AGAINST the amendment that will allow the killing of stray animals
RELATED POSTS ON THIS BLOG:
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT CONTINUES
- EUROPE! FOLLOW ITALY’S EXAMPLE!
- KILL-LAW DEBATE IN BOSNIA
- BOSNIA ABOUT TO IMPLEMENT KILL LAW!
- THE HORROR SHELTERS OF BOSNIA – SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!
- Bosnia Killing Dogs – No Different to Romania!
- BOSNIA! IMPLEMENT HUMANE STRAY-DOG AND CAT POPULATION CONTROL AND TREATMENT
- Dog Shelters in Bosnia: A Complex Situation
- Horror Camps for Animals in Bosnia
- Concentration Camp for Man’s Best Friend
- Concentration Camp for Man’s Best Friend PART TWO
- Mass Graves Found Near Dog “Shelter”
Funds are needed not only to help individual rescues and to help us keep safe the rescued dogs we are sponsoring but also to continue our advocacy work in Bosnia, uncovering the truth about what is happening there.
On our sister site, Animal Welfare Advocates for Bosnia, you can set up a monthly donation via PayPal, or if you want to make a one-off donation, please go to your PayPal account (or set one up, it’s very easy) and send the money to: email@example.com . Click on the image below to be taken to PayPal’s home page.
Or if you want to use the customised PayPal form, click the link below. However, a transaction fee and a percentage (2- 5.4%) will be deducted by PayPal for any contribution made.
If you want your contribution to go to a specific dog or cause, please make a note in the PayPal comment box. If you wish to contribute via bank transfer or have other difficulties or questions, please go here.
This site is dedicated to Vučko. Read his story and don’t let him have suffered and died in vain. Please help the stray dogs and cats in Bosnia-Herzegovina. The situation there is utterly dire, Vučko is but one amongst many horrifically abused animals. Go here to find out how to help them. Money is needed for food, medicine and foster housing. Even just one dollar or one euro will help.
Reblogged this on Sherlockian's Blog.
Reblogged this on Wolf Is My Soul.
Came from Eli’s blog. Wrote to the above e-mail addresses. Thank you for speaking out on behalf of those without voices. Paulette