Please join the protest against the atrocities occurring in Bosnia Herzegovina and Romania – we will gather on Saturday January 11th, 2014, 1- 3 p.m. outside the new BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London, W1A. Child and dog friendly, all welcome.
Nearest bus/National Express stop – Victoria Station, nearest tube station, Great Portland Street, Regent’s Park or Oxford Circus. For the Google map, go here, a screen shot is below:
Please also join the Facebook Event “JAN 2014 PROTEST TO END THE BRUTAL KILLING OF DOGS IN ROMANIA & BOSNIA” for latest information about this protest in London. However, due to pro-kill agitators the event is ‘invite only’ so send a message to Elaine Renton (https://www.facebook.com/elaine.renton.92) to ask to join.
Regarding the BiH laws: as you know, the House of Representatives has voted in the new amendments to the Animal Welfare Act, but these amendments have to be passed by the House of Peoples. We do not yet know when this will be. Please keep writing to your MEPs, Embassies, media etc. All information is in the related posts listed below. If there is anything further we can do I will keep you updated. The situation in BiH has been bad for so long, including numerous and continued transgressions of the Animal Welfare Act. We just have to keep at it, keep uncovering illegalities and keep campaigning.
As stated in other posts, the activists need our support with donations to help them campaign. Even if the law goes through, there is much they can do: all shelters need to be closely monitored to try to ensure that any ‘euthanisation’ as required by these proposed amendments is humane and that all other aspects of the Animal Welfare Law are implemented. Any amount will help, no matter how small.
There is a YouCaring fundraiser especially for this: https://www.youcaring.com/kill-law. Activists in BiH are doing their best to campaign against these amendments and to educate everyone in their country to the truth of what is happening.
Please sign and share the petitions!
RELATED POSTS ON THIS BLOG:
- Media Disinformation and Horror in Bosnia Herzegovina!
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – NOW WHAT?
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART SIX
- Anti-Kill Law: Latest News
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART FIVE
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART FOUR
- Anti-Kill Law: Latest News
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART THREE
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART TWO
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT CONTINUES
- EUROPE! FOLLOW ITALY’S EXAMPLE!
- KILL-LAW DEBATE IN BOSNIA
- BOSNIA ABOUT TO IMPLEMENT KILL LAW!
- THE HORROR SHELTERS OF BOSNIA – SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!
- Bosnia Killing Dogs – No Different to Romania!
- BOSNIA! IMPLEMENT HUMANE STRAY-DOG AND CAT POPULATION CONTROL AND TREATMENT
- Dog Shelters in Bosnia: A Complex Situation
- Horror Camps for Animals in Bosnia
- Concentration Camp for Man’s Best Friend
- Concentration Camp for Man’s Best Friend PART TWO
- Mass Graves Found Near Dog “Shelter”
Funds are needed not only to help individual rescues and to help us keep safe the rescued dogs we are sponsoring but also to continue our advocacy work in Bosnia, uncovering the truth about what is happening there.
On our sister site, Animal Welfare Advocates for Bosnia, you can set up a monthly donation via PayPal, or if you want to make a one-off donation, please go to your PayPal account (or set one up, it’s very easy) and send the money to: email@example.com . Click on the image below to be taken to PayPal’s home page.
Or if you want to use the customised PayPal form, click the link below. However, a transaction fee and a percentage (2- 5.4%) will be deducted by PayPal for any contribution made.
If you want your contribution to go to a specific dog or cause, please make a note in the PayPal comment box. If you wish to contribute via bank transfer or have other difficulties or questions, please go here.
This site is dedicated to Vučko. Read his story and don’t let him have suffered and died in vain. Please help the stray dogs and cats in Bosnia-Herzegovina. The situation there is utterly dire, Vučko is but one amongst many horrifically abused animals. Go here to find out how to help them. Money is needed for food, medicine and foster housing. Even just one dollar or one euro will help.