As you know, in December last year the Constitutional – Legal Committee voted against the proposed amendments to the Animal Protection and Welfare Act that we’ve also been campaigning against, and instead proposed that the Council of Ministers should prepare new amendments to Animal Protection and Welfare Act.
Today, in the session of the House of Peoples, this proposition by the Constitutional – Legal Committee (for new amendments) was voted against.
The first reading of the law (the law originally proposing the amendments we have been campaigning against) was NOT held today because the Collegium of House of Peoples have to first to meet to harmonise these amendments.
The “Collegium” is made up of 3 members of the House of Peoples who manage the work of the House. These members are: Dragan Covic (Croat, HDZ), Stasa Kosarac (Serb, SNSD) and Sulejman Tihic (Bosniak, SDA).
“Harmonisation” means that the Collegium can change something in the amendments to the Animal Protection and Welfare Act: they can propose some new amendments or change the text of existing amendments. Although the Collegium is not obligated to suggest changes to the amendments, the House of Peoples vote on the amendments cannot go ahead without the Collegium meeting.
The session of Collegium cannot be held if one of the 3 members cannot attend. Sulejman Tihic, the First Deputy Speaker, has cancer and due to his ill health he cannot attend the House of Peoples or its Collegium. It is believed that Tihic won’t appear in House of Peoples in the near or foreseeable future. The position of First Deputy Speaker is a position held for life.
Elections are in October 2014.
This all means that the actual first reading of the proposed law in the House of Peoples may only be held in 2015.
RELATED POSTS ON THIS BLOG:
- One Step Forward for the Strays of Bosnia Herzegovina!
- PROTEST TO END THE BRUTAL KILLING OF DOGS IN ROMANIA & BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA
- Media Disinformation and Horror in Bosnia Herzegovina!
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – NOW WHAT?
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART SIX
- Anti-Kill Law: Latest News
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART FIVE
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART FOUR
- Anti-Kill Law: Latest News
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART THREE
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART TWO
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT CONTINUES
- EUROPE! FOLLOW ITALY’S EXAMPLE!
- KILL-LAW DEBATE IN BOSNIA
- BOSNIA ABOUT TO IMPLEMENT KILL LAW!
- THE HORROR SHELTERS OF BOSNIA – SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!
- Bosnia Killing Dogs – No Different to Romania!
- BOSNIA! IMPLEMENT HUMANE STRAY-DOG AND CAT POPULATION CONTROL AND TREATMENT
- Dog Shelters in Bosnia: A Complex Situation
- Horror Camps for Animals in Bosnia
- Concentration Camp for Man’s Best Friend
- Concentration Camp for Man’s Best Friend PART TWO
- Mass Graves Found Near Dog “Shelter”
Funds are needed not only to help individual rescues and to help us keep safe the rescued dogs we are sponsoring but also to continue our advocacy work in Bosnia, uncovering the truth about what is happening there.
On our sister site, Animal Welfare Advocates for Bosnia, you can set up a monthly donation via PayPal, or if you want to make a one-off donation, please go to your PayPal account (or set one up, it’s very easy) and send the money to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Click on the image below to be taken to PayPal’s home page.
Or if you want to use the customised PayPal form, click the link below. However, a transaction fee and a percentage (2- 5.4%) will be deducted by PayPal for any contribution made.
If you want your contribution to go to a specific dog or cause, please make a note in the PayPal comment box. If you wish to contribute via bank transfer or have other difficulties or questions, please go here.
This site is dedicated to Vučko. Read his story and don’t let him have suffered and died in vain. Please help the stray dogs and cats in Bosnia-Herzegovina. The situation there is utterly dire, Vučko is but one amongst many horrifically abused animals. Go here to find out how to help them. Money is needed for food, medicine and foster housing. Even just one dollar or one euro will help.
Stopppp kill and stop turt the animals