Sadly, while petitions do get the word out, there is little evidence that they make any difference to the situation for the animals in Bosnia.
Here are a list of some petitions we have been involved with:
- BOSNIA! IMPLEMENT HUMANE STRAY-DOG AND CAT POPULATION CONTROL AND TREATMENT – on CHANGE.org
- Senaid Memic, Mayor of Ilidza: Ensure the safety and health of dogs at Gladno Polje “shelter”, refuse change of ownership to Novi Grad Veterinary station; allow access to the shelter by independent rescuers and activists
- Stop massive killing of dogs in Sarajevo – on CHANGE.org
- Petition to save Bosnia’s stray dogs! Please sign!
- STOP BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA FROM IMPLEMENTING KILL-LAW AMENDMENTS TO THEIR ANIMAL WELFARE ACT – On Avaaz
- BOSNIA DO NOT IMPLEMENT KILL LAW! – on CHANGE.org
- STOP BOSNIA FROM IMPLEMENTING KILL LAW! – on CARE2
- Last chance for Bosnian animals. Please vote AGAINST the amendment that will allow the killing of stray animals
- STOP KILLING OF STRAY DOGS! http://www.peticije24.com/peticija_stop_ubijanju_naputenih_pasa
NOTE: This petition is in Serbo-Croatian/Bosnian. If your browser can do an automatic translation this is good, if not, translation of fields to fill in:
IME = NAME
PREZIME= LAST NAME
DRZAVA=COUNTRY — (unless your browser automatically translates you’ll just have to randomly pick one!!)
Email adresa = Email Address
Da li želite da Vaš potpis bude prikazan javno? = Do you want your signature to be displayed to the public?
Then click the button that says Potpisite Peticiju (“Sign Petition”)
PLEASE TAKE THE PLEDGE ON OUR CAUSES CAMPAIGN AND SHARE WITH ALL YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS: Stop Bosnia-Herzegovina from implementing a kill law
- European Union: STOP Bosnia from replicating the “Romanian Slaughter Law” and allow the killing of all homeless dogs, two weeks after capture.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Start Implementing Animal Protection Law
- Bosnian Government: Protect the stray dogs instead of killing them
- Don’t let Bosnia euthanize animals after 15 days spent in the city shelters
- The city government of Sarajevo: Please, stop the killings of strays, adopt spay and neuter in stead – Sarajevo
- Government of Sarajevo Canton: Stop the cruel slaughter of stray dogs in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Demand Investigation into Horror Shelter in Hresa, Bosnia
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: This is why I stand AGAINST euthanasia of stray animals
- Demand Investigation into Horror Shelter at Gladno Polje, Sarajevo
- Stop the inhumane treatment of the animals at the dog shelter in Bihac
- Find the killers and bring them to justice
- Petition in Bosnian but translated with google
- Justice for Vucko! Bosnian officials need to create legislation to punish those who abuse animals
- Bosina-Herzegovina Government: Stop the torture of defencless animals
PETITIONS not specifically for Bosnia Herzegovina
Petition demanding a common, humane and long-term solution for the abandoned (stray) dogs in Europe
EU, when do you think it is time to act?
When the EU presented their new animal welfare strategy for 2012 – 2015 a few months later, the deception was great because that document does not contain one single mention as to how and when the EU would start to tackle the stray animals issue within the European Union.
Stop Hunting Stray Dogs in Serbia (Facebook group with petition letter details)
While trying to join the European Union, Serbia was forced to legislate some laws that regulated protection and care for the animals welfare. In accordance to this, ttrategy for solving the problem of stray dogs was made in Belgrade. Even though the strategy was adopted, it wasn`t fully implemented either by law or by humanity, as being indicated by many examples. The rest of the background you can read on English and Serbian language at the following link: http://straydogserbia.blogspot.com/
European Commission: Ban the chaining of dogs in the EU!
In 2012, keeping dogs chained is unfortunately still an all too common practice in many European countries. Kept “out of sight, out of mind” in the back yard or as a guard dog to alarm his/her owner when someone comes, chained dogs are forced to live chained up their entire life.
Stop The Torture And Consumption Of Dogs And Cats In South Korea
The practice of killing and consuming dogs and cats, whether for food or so-called “health tonics,” is not part of some long-standing cultural tradition. In fact, most South Koreans find the cruelty and killing appalling. Yet it continues because it is backed by profound government indifference, and because profit-driven industry forces aggressively promote the myth that the more dogs suffer in death, the greater virility a man will experience when he eats the flesh.
Stop Raccoon Dogs Being Skinned Alive in China for fake Ugg Boots
Wendy Higgins from the Humane Society International HSI UK said: ‘I have been working in animal rights for more than a decade and have never seen a video that has shocked me so much. ‘It is not just the killing of the animals that is horrific, but the fact that they must endure such slow, painful deaths.’
Justice for Dog Whose Face Was Blown Off By Fireworks! – 145,175 signatures
JUSTICE For Vucko! – 4,488 signatures