Sadly, while petitions do get the word out, there is little evidence that they make any difference to the situation for the animals in Bosnia.
Here are a list of some petitions we have been involved with:
- BOSNIA! IMPLEMENT HUMANE STRAY-DOG AND CAT POPULATION CONTROL AND TREATMENT – on CHANGE.org
- Senaid Memic, Mayor of Ilidza: Ensure the safety and health of dogs at Gladno Polje “shelter”, refuse change of ownership to Novi Grad Veterinary station; allow access to the shelter by independent rescuers and activists
- Stop massive killing of dogs in Sarajevo – on CHANGE.org
- Petition to save Bosnia’s stray dogs! Please sign!
- STOP BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA FROM IMPLEMENTING KILL-LAW AMENDMENTS TO THEIR ANIMAL WELFARE ACT – On Avaaz
- BOSNIA DO NOT IMPLEMENT KILL LAW! – on CHANGE.org
- STOP BOSNIA FROM IMPLEMENTING KILL LAW! – on CARE2
- Last chance for Bosnian animals. Please vote AGAINST the amendment that will allow the killing of stray animals
- STOP KILLING OF STRAY DOGS! http://www.peticije24.com/peticija_stop_ubijanju_naputenih_pasa
NOTE: This petition is in Serbo-Croatian/Bosnian. If your browser can do an automatic translation this is good, if not, translation of fields to fill in:
IME = NAME
PREZIME= LAST NAME
DRZAVA=COUNTRY — (unless your browser automatically translates you’ll just have to randomly pick one!!)
Email adresa = Email Address
Da li želite da Vaš potpis bude prikazan javno? = Do you want your signature to be displayed to the public?
Then click the button that says Potpisite Peticiju (“Sign Petition”)
PLEASE TAKE THE PLEDGE ON OUR CAUSES CAMPAIGN AND SHARE WITH ALL YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS: Stop Bosnia-Herzegovina from implementing a kill law
- European Union: STOP Bosnia from replicating the “Romanian Slaughter Law” and allow the killing of all homeless dogs, two weeks after capture.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Start Implementing Animal Protection Law
- Bosnian Government: Protect the stray dogs instead of killing them
- Don’t let Bosnia euthanize animals after 15 days spent in the city shelters
- The city government of Sarajevo: Please, stop the killings of strays, adopt spay and neuter in stead – Sarajevo
- Government of Sarajevo Canton: Stop the cruel slaughter of stray dogs in Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Demand Investigation into Horror Shelter in Hresa, Bosnia
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: This is why I stand AGAINST euthanasia of stray animals
- Demand Investigation into Horror Shelter at Gladno Polje, Sarajevo
- Stop the inhumane treatment of the animals at the dog shelter in Bihac
- Find the killers and bring them to justice
- Petition in Bosnian but translated with google
- Justice for Vucko! Bosnian officials need to create legislation to punish those who abuse animals
- Bosina-Herzegovina Government: Stop the torture of defencless animals
PETITIONS not specifically for Bosnia Herzegovina
Petition for abandoned and stray dogs in Europe
Petition demanding a common, humane and long-term solution for the abandoned (stray) dogs in Europe
EU, when do you think it is time to act?
When the EU presented their new animal welfare strategy for 2012 – 2015 a few months later, the deception was great because that document does not contain one single mention as to how and when the EU would start to tackle the stray animals issue within the European Union.
Stop Hunting Stray Dogs in Serbia (Facebook group with petition letter details)
While trying to join the European Union, Serbia was forced to legislate some laws that regulated protection and care for the animals welfare. In accordance to this, ttrategy for solving the problem of stray dogs was made in Belgrade. Even though the strategy was adopted, it wasn`t fully implemented either by law or by humanity, as being indicated by many examples. The rest of the background you can read on English and Serbian language at the following link: http://straydogserbia.blogspot.com/
European Commission: Ban the chaining of dogs in the EU!
In 2012, keeping dogs chained is unfortunately still an all too common practice in many European countries. Kept “out of sight, out of mind” in the back yard or as a guard dog to alarm his/her owner when someone comes, chained dogs are forced to live chained up their entire life.
Stop The Torture And Consumption Of Dogs And Cats In South Korea
The practice of killing and consuming dogs and cats, whether for food or so-called “health tonics,” is not part of some long-standing cultural tradition. In fact, most South Koreans find the cruelty and killing appalling. Yet it continues because it is backed by profound government indifference, and because profit-driven industry forces aggressively promote the myth that the more dogs suffer in death, the greater virility a man will experience when he eats the flesh.
Stop Raccoon Dogs Being Skinned Alive in China for fake Ugg Boots
Wendy Higgins from the Humane Society International HSI UK said: ‘I have been working in animal rights for more than a decade and have never seen a video that has shocked me so much. ‘It is not just the killing of the animals that is horrific, but the fact that they must endure such slow, painful deaths.’
Justice for Dog Whose Face Was Blown Off By Fireworks! – 145,175 signatures
JUSTICE For Vucko! – 4,488 signatures
Monsters all of them they’re the one should be murdered
Stop in the name of god! We dont kill people because thete to many. Be nice for nature!
Stop this madness!!
Where is the compassion?!!!
Ich helfe soviel ich kann!!!
Please stop the cruelty against animals!!
Please sign, Please Stop the Killings of Innocent, Defensive Animals.
Pls dont kill the poor dogs
Firmo ogni petizione cerco di fare il possibile per aiutare e sostenere queste creature ma ogni giorno il cuore mi si spezza…………… speriamo serva……….
Please stop the unnecessary abuse!!
Let the dogs. No catch them and killing them! its inhuman!
Stop the killing of dogs!!!!!!!! its inhuman and there is no reason to do something like this!!! look at a better solution without blood and torture!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lasst uns diese unschuldigen schuetzen
please help !!!
This must not conine, UN countries must abide the laws. Stop this killing. It is affecting the way people around the world see your country an it’s people! And it is not in a good light! )
Stop killing the animals
Education is lacking in this country as well as others! There are solutions for the over-population problem if they will just listen and try different avenues to solve the problem. Seems as if they like the killing and are too lazy and cruel to find humane answers! Besides that, money is laundered through these horrid shelters! So, the problem is huge, and greed is a huge influence! on them! We will pray for help for the innocent animals daily!
Very good text, Dave and Rita. It is very easy lauder money using shelter. The problem is the suffering of the dogs. 😦
Stop the ANIMALS who mistreated dogs……help to get people to Control shelters, who are NOT CORRUPT…….that is the problem…..it is a rotten corrupt country…..
Dirty monsters , barbaric, sadistic, butchers. This has been going on for years now .WHY IS NO-ONE ENDING THIS TORTURE FOR THE PLEASURE OF THESE SICK BA–ARDS!?AND ONE “CAMP” IS REPORTEDLY RAN BY …a vet ! HITLERISM AT ITS WORST .!Ive seen pics of beautiful dogs /puppies be headed in these hell holes people are donating food and money , and the scum are feeding once a week if that dirty , dry, stale , bread .and the cash … well who knows where it is going ?And the worst is hidden, !
EU law has got to be changed in order for any real solution to this issue of cruelty to street animals. Please push for a change in Article 13 TFEU. It’s the only way. Without legal protection at the European level, nothing can be done to force individual states to treat the strays of their countries humanely. Without a change in EU law, the EU cannot offer individual states financial help / subsidies to set up neuter clinics, or run educational campaigns… EU LAW HAS TO BE CHANGED TO PROVIDE LEGAL PROTECTION TO STRAY ANIMALS WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION
PLEASE WRITE TO YOUR MEP DEMANDING AN IMMEDIATE REVIEW AND AMENDMENT OF ARTICLE 13 TFEU, TO PROVIDE LEGAL PROTECTION TO ALL STRAY ANIMALS OF ALL MEMBER STATES WITHIN THE EU.
NO! Its not acceptable.