There were not enough votes from the Ministers from the Republic of Srpska to legislate the amendments to the Bosnia-Herzegovina Animal Welfare Act today. 19 Ministers were against the kill law, 21 Ministers were for the kill law, but as there was not a majority the law was not changed. Since there was not a majority, new voting will be on 5th December. According to activists, many members of the House of Representatives are angry because of the emails they have received from us. Activists are asking us to be careful with emails. “We need a new approach. We need a new strategy,” they say. It’s possible that angering the Ministers will backfire.
The main news is that the position of those against the amendments is much better now!
But.. “We must not be aggressive with emails,” state the activists.
The activists are all exhausted and need to re-group. Please return for suggestions on the next phase of our campaign!
If you haven’t watched the excellent documentary Kinofil, please do so now – it will help explain why we need to heed what the activists say.
As stated in other posts, the activists need our support with donations to help them in the next days to campaign. Even if the law goes through, there is much they can do: all shelters need to be closely monitored to try to ensure that any ‘euthanisation’ as required by these proposed amendments is humane and that all other aspects of the Animal Welfare Law are implemented. Any amount will help, no matter how small.
There is a YouCaring fundraiser especially for this: https://www.youcaring.com/kill-law Activists in BiH are doing their best to educate and collect signatures – they need our support!
RELATED POSTS ON THIS BLOG:
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART FIVE
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART FOUR
- Anti-Kill Law: Latest News
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART THREE
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP, PART TWO
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT – HOW TO HELP
- ANTI KILL-LAW FIGHT CONTINUES
- EUROPE! FOLLOW ITALY’S EXAMPLE!
- KILL-LAW DEBATE IN BOSNIA
- BOSNIA ABOUT TO IMPLEMENT KILL LAW!
- THE HORROR SHELTERS OF BOSNIA – SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!
- Bosnia Killing Dogs – No Different to Romania!
- BOSNIA! IMPLEMENT HUMANE STRAY-DOG AND CAT POPULATION CONTROL AND TREATMENT
- Dog Shelters in Bosnia: A Complex Situation
- Horror Camps for Animals in Bosnia
- Concentration Camp for Man’s Best Friend
- Concentration Camp for Man’s Best Friend PART TWO
- Mass Graves Found Near Dog “Shelter”
Funds are needed not only to help individual rescues and to help us keep safe the rescued dogs we are sponsoring but also to continue our advocacy work in Bosnia, uncovering the truth about what is happening there.
On our sister site, Animal Welfare Advocates for Bosnia, you can set up a monthly donation via PayPal, or if you want to make a one-off donation, please go to your PayPal account (or set one up, it’s very easy) and send the money to: email@example.com . Click on the image below to be taken to PayPal’s home page.
Or if you want to use the customised PayPal form, click the link below. However, a transaction fee and a percentage (2- 5.4%) will be deducted by PayPal for any contribution made.
If you want your contribution to go to a specific dog or cause, please make a note in the PayPal comment box. If you wish to contribute via bank transfer or have other difficulties or questions, please go here.
This site is dedicated to Vučko. Read his story and don’t let him have suffered and died in vain. Please help the stray dogs and cats in Bosnia-Herzegovina. The situation there is utterly dire, Vučko is but one amongst many horrifically abused animals. Go here to find out how to help them. Money is needed for food, medicine and foster housing. Even just one dollar or one euro will help.